From: Deborah
Setzer

To: [log in to unmask]

Sent: 5/7/02 10:31:47 AM

Subject: I'm Free At Last!

Good News Everyone,

I got myself booted out of the hospital yesterday. SHE'S
FREE!  This feat in

itself is worth comment.

   I only slept 4 hours night before last but woke full of vim
and vigor.

(Major Understatement)  Nothing hurt, I was bouncing off the
walls, speeking

fast, shuffling a little faster than usual... )You can drag that foot

little faster when you are motivatted)

   The doc came in and asked how I was feeling. I asked him to go
look out

the window for lightening. To my amazement, he actually went to the
window

and looked, turned back to me and said, "it looks like a clear
day."  Oh,

really...wow... I'm almost scared to say it, I FEEL
GOOD!  Nothing hurts!

   He smiled and told me to get the heck out of here before I got
sick.

Said that the steroids that he put me on were once again wiping out
my

immune system and I needed to get away from there.  YEAH
BUDDY..... I WAS

GIVEN THE KEY TO ESCAPE FROM THE TORTURE CHAMBER.

   Robert arrived just a few minutes later with a change of
clotes for me to

put on.  I had barely eaten all week and was anticipating
slinking into my

jeans and shirt. HA!  I put on my jeans, flab rolling off the
waist (You

must understand that just one year ago I was 117 lbs and wore a size
4).

Then I put on the silk blouse, size L, and looked down... where did
they

come from?.... monster boobies.... there must have been a 4 inch gap
between

the buttons.  It would not have been possible to button that
shirt without a

corset.

I could see it now, Deb leaving the hospital mimicking something from

Madona video with her bra showing and a wrap of clothing anging over
the

shoulders to give the illusion of being dressed.  Problem with
this analogy

is that I wasn't wearing one of those fancy lace bra's no sir ree... I
had

the old maw maw type on that simply functions to keep those suckers up
off

of  the knees.

   Second option, jeans and a hospital gown..naaa..not my
style.  So hubby

goes to the $5.00 store and gets me an XL USA pride T-Shirt, comes
back,

loads the car and we escape.  The doc had wanted us to go by his
office on

the way home so that he could give me samples of a medication to try
for

pain before I bought the prescription since I seem to blow up in a red
rash

looking at pills these days.

   On the drive over, I sang, giggles, talked, talked, talked,
giggled, and

kept repeating how GREAT I was feeling.  By this time Robert is
really

getting concerned.. I don't think he has ever seen me this
way.  Then a

moment of silence hit.... the light bulb went off... STEROIDS....I'm
MANIC.

Cool feeling.

Then I recounted to Robert the story of my Aunt Lavenia who when put
on

steroids not only cleaned her whole house, but made new drapes from
scratch

for every room, baked a meal for the entire church for Sunday AND was
caught

at 6:30 in the morning by one of her children up on her roof mopping
the

shingles.  She simply stated that she didn't remember ever having
done that

before and thought that they might be dirty by now and then

continued what she was doing.

   If you could of seen Roberts face. Wish I had a picture as
this dear man

is looking at me trying to keep his composure and not speak the words
that

he is obviously thinking so loud that the people in the next car could
hear.

   We arrive at the doc's office. Robert makes sure that he talks
to the

doc.    Dr. Raad just smiles when he's asked, "What
drug is making her

so..uh.... hyper?:  Dr. Raad says steroids.  He tells
Robert that I probably

won't be sleeping much and that I will be having mood swings and then
he

looks him in the eye, puts his hand on his shoulder and says, put on
your

seat belt, this is going to be one wild ride.  Then the doc looks
at me and

giggles, looks back at Robert and says, call me in the morning if you
need

to.

   Well, we go home, pack a suitcase and drive to Myrtle Beach,
get a room

and here we are.  9 stories above the water, ocean breeze filling
the

room,laptop in hand, coffee machine brewing and I'm just as manic today as

was yesterday.

   I have about 3 more weeks of steroids and am

loving this window away from pain.

   Hugs and warm fuzzies,

   Deborah

If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may

unsubscribe by sending a blank email to