Folks,

I'm sure that I have missed most of this thread so please be patient.

I live in Arlington, VA USA and noticed that the county recreational dept offers courses in this.  Cost is about $100 for 8 sessions.  Considering good reviews by some of you I may consider it.

I would like to suggest consideration of alternatives such as T'ai Chi and Qi Gong.   Both are "visitors" from the East.  Qi Gong (pronounced Chi Gong) is a family of exercies practiced in China.  They are meant to maintain health as well as healing.  There are literally thousands of different sets/types/groups.  I lost interest because I just plain got too busy (full-time work and half-time graduate school).  I also found the Cheng style of Tai Chi to be enjoyable and probably beneficial.  I quit training because of the cost.  The Yang (more common style) is taught in my local county rec dept.

           Ron Reiner