Janice,

I wish I had your physical energy.  I was trying to exercise but have developed a foot problem (probably due to uneven gait) that makes even simple walking very painful.  I know, I know.. get over it.

My emphasis has been more cererbral.  I believe that learning and other brain exercises will help slow the deterioration.  My neurologist thinks I'm crazy. He's probably right but I do have one sample point.  Stephen Hawking who is arguably one of the greatest physicists of our time has had ALS for over twenty years.  He has gone through three marriages (no easy feat.  I could only make it through one and a half :-) ).  Normal survival rate with ALS is 2 years.

I work full time as a mathematician and computer weenie.  I also go to a local college here seeking a graduate certificate in Information Systems Security.   I just finished a cryptography course from hell and am winding down for the summer.  My wife caught me reading a catalog of summer courses and has suggested that I may want to consider something more physical (Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong etc.)

      Ron Reiner