Norma,
  I have PD+ Multiple Systems Atrophy.  I had a DBS done to the STN in
December.  For the 16 days that it was in place, it worked.  I developed a
staph infection and had to have it removed.

  If you look into clinical "success" then the DBS is not recommended for
PD+.  Rigidity was my primary symptom and this did take care of it.

  If you want more info on DBS surgery, email me off-list at
[log in to unmask] and I'll send you links to various sites.

  Deborah
  aka Tenacity