It is highly unlikely that the camera caused this problem. The more likely
cause is some other equipment such as the spotlights. Any equipment that
draws a current generates a magnetic field; the stronger the current the
stronger the field. So if a strong light is turned on a strong magnetic
pulse is generated.

The TV camera uses very little electricity and was (in your case relatively
far away, considering the strength of the magnetic fields required). So the
incident maybe related to the camera but probably only indirectly.

Warnings are commonly posted for Pacemaker users and the DBS generator
probably has similar sensitivities. Were you given any warnings by the
generator manufacturer?

K. F.  cg Carline

Barry Black <[log in to unmask]>@listserv.utoronto.ca> on 05/09/2002
06:24:42 PM

Please respond to "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"

Sent by:    "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"