Dear Frank, or the person to whom I am speaking,

You obviously have very stong feelings about something too.  You have
misstated and misinterpreted my remarks several times, but that is what
happens when a person says anything.  Many people agree with you.

Why don't you be the voice of reason and submit an article in support of
therapeutic cloning that does the job my article failed to do?  We need to
work together on this if you support SCNT and SB 2439.

It doesn't sound to me like you haven't made up your mind, but I may be
misunderstanding your intentions as you have mine.  With the exception of
"flat-earth thinkers", you've never addressed any of the issues I tried to
discuss for SB 2439 regarding ----

(1) when a "life" begins.  Cells do seem to have lives of their own.  Don't
some continue to grow for awhile after you die?  Cancer cells are "immortal"
and blastocysts MIGHT become a person, but do they have the same status as a
child with cystic fibrosis or a young adult with ALS and civil rights
protected by the 14th Amendment like us Parkies with our limited supply of
dopamine producing brain cells?  What is the relationship of cells to our
"selves"?

WHOSE LIFE AM I TAKING IF I USE MY OWN DNA TO CURE MYSELF?

(2) fear of clones or the misuse of medical technolgies to produce malformed
monstrosities for exploitation which might outweigh the good done by medical
science.  The so-called "slippery slope"?  What might be versus, what is.

(3) religious prohibitions or moral objections to this therapy?

(4) other objections???

Help me out here, man, I have another column to write.  What arguments of the
opponents of SB 2439 do I need to address?  Don't make me guess.  I can think
of more in favor of it, but I'm limited to about 600 words. I welcome ideas
from anyone on this List. However, my Editor may not print mine or yours, you
just never know.
.
Rayilyn