  Jack, welcome to the list.  I have only been in the group a week and have found it very helpful.   I wanted to respond to your need to learn as much as you can about PD and share the ways that have been most helpful to me.                                                                                         1. Seek the best medical care you can find  and be compliant about taking your medication.                                                                            2. Use the internet to find the most up-to-date information.  ALso the book SHAKING UP PARKINSON'S by Dr. Lieberman was very helpful for me.                                                                                          3. Do some form of exercise daily and try to maintain a positive attitude.                                                                                                 I was diagnosed with PD 1 year ago and it took me at least 6 months to accept the
diagnosis.   I think this "list" is also a great supportive tool.   Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!                                                           Cathy, RN