Hi, my name is Eileen and I am 52.  Two weeks ago I was told I have PD.  I
found this site and have been lurking in the background for a couple of days,
but was just reading a letter from Raj who seems to be unsure of what he/she
has.  Seems doctors keep telling you different things.  I just wanted to tell
you about this place I went to in New Haven Connecticut.  My doctor here
thought I had PD, but wasn't 100% certain because my right hand doesn't have
a resting tremor, its more of a an action tremor and my right leg has an
internal tremor.  My right arm doesn't swing like my left and I just don't
have the same strength on my right side as my left.  In any case my doctor
sent me to the Institute for Neurodegenerative Disorders, where they are
doing test studies to see if by injecting a radioactive iodine isotope they
can see a difference in the amount of dopamine in each side of the brain.  In
my case, the scan showed that the left side of my brain was not producing as
much dopamine as the right side.
You should ask one of your doctors to call IND at 203.401.4300 and ask for
Dr. Marek or Dr. Jennings.  Hope this is helpful
Eileen