Commenting on Debra Sutton's remarks:
> Raj,
> My opinion would be to take the sinemet.  There is some debate as to whether
> Mirapex and Requip might slow down the progression of PD but right now
> nothing has been proven and the truth is, the side effects of Requip and
> Mirapex are rotten!!  Actually if you lived in Europe or Canada, you would
> not be allowed to legally drive if you were prescribed either of these drugs
> due to the incidence of somnolence.  The side effects of the Sinemet (at
> least for me) have been pretty mild and it works much better than the
> agonists.
> Debra
Debra: very interesting, the wide range of responses to medications.
  1. I am unaware that I have ever had side effects from Mirapex,
certainly not negative ones, I thought. However, you have raised
doubt in my mind: sometimes I do get severe muscle pain, immobilizing
me for 2-3 days at a time. I wonder now if this was caused by Mirapex.
Thanks for the alert, I will try to isolate the Mirapex effect from
the Parkinson's next time it happens. Thanks!
  2. I sometimes take Mirapex in the afternoon without Sinemet CR
and it seems to be effective if I am physically inactive, not
exercising.
  3. Sinemet has never affected my state of alertness, that I can tell.
Not taking it in time, I get 'down' or 'off'; I get confused, bothered
by complexity. Also I sometimes can't say the precisely correct word
for something, 'close, but no cigar'.

Dan W. Scott