In a message dated 05/20/2002 7:27:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> [...]

Charles,

Funny you should mention face muscles locking up just minutes
before I was about to ask everyone if they had any involvement of the
jaw.
I have just very recently started biting (severely) the inside of my
lower lip.....

Sue:
Some weeks ago I asked members about these and similar "biting" symptoms. My
first dentist was not very helpful and I cracked two caps.So the situation is
not only painful, it is extremely expensive!

My new dentist made me a light retainer to wear at night, but I find myself
grinding away on that as well.Another option would go to a heavier
material--not too comfy if wearable at all. Another dds told me that jaw
tightness may contribute; tension gets to a point where there is sudden
slippage of a disc, and the teeth snap shut, involuntarily and forcefully.

This usually occurs at night or when falling asleep. My neurologist had no
suggestions, and did not think it related to  PD. Stress and pain may be
other factors.

I hope we can find a solution...soon!
A.Waters