David - I take sinemet 25/100 CR (generic)

  1. With Mirapex 0.25 mg first thing in morning, usually at 4:30 to 5
am

  I exercise most days in a pool, for about 2-1/2 hours five days/week,
e.g. from 6:30 am to 9 am, about 10 minutes of which is strenuous
aerobic
and 30 minutes or more is just loafing, or -- most often -- is very
light-duty, but still purposeful, arm and leg waving/training. How
long do I 'loaf'? well, no rule; it depends on how I feel!

  2. With Mirapex 0.25 about 3 pm.
  3. With Mirapex 0.5 last thing, about 12:30 am.
Yes, I need little sleep!

This schedule seems to work for me (of course, not ALWAYS), but I
would quite welcome comment.

I AM EXCEEDINGLY CAREFUL always to take sinemet only when my stomach
has been 'empty' for 1-1/2 hour and remains 'empty' for 1-1/2 hours
thereafter. In this instance 'empty' means 'empty of protein', so I
allow myself orange juice, grapes, strawberries and so forth during
the 3-hour interval, as I assume that the five (or whatever)
neutralizing amino acids will be absent from these foods, and of
course, from water. I have found that if I cut the period to 3/4 or
1 hour and eat something with protein, such as milk or yogurt, the
Sinemet may not be not very effective.

If I begin to go down, I sometimes take an extra 0.25 mg Mirapex,
ad lib; of course this takes a while to kick in.

Dan W. Scott [log in to unmask]
Diabetic II, PWP 18 years, 71 years old.