hi all

in re inital investigations
in re an apparent "pseudo pd psociety"

>here is how the domain name is registered:
>-------------
>WHOIS -> Search Results
>Search Results
> Registrant:
> Parkinson's Support & Research Society (PARKINSONSNET-DOM)
>    Suite 414, 1550 Bedford Highway
>    Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 1E6 CA
>    Domain Name: PARKINSONSNET.COM
>    Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
>       Parkinson's Support & Research Society  (H17338-OR)
>       Parkinson's Support & Research Society
>       Suite 414, 1550 Bedford Highway
>       Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 1E6  CA
>       (902) 835-0636 fax: (902) 484-6997
>    Record expires on 01-Apr-2003.
>    Record created on 01-Apr-2001.
>    Database last updated on 26-May-2002 08:20:15 EDT.
>    Domain servers in listed order:
>    SERVER.PARKINSONSNET.COM     24.222.11.227
>    MAIN.PARKINSONSNET.COM       24.222.11.229
>http://www.netsol.com/
i wonder if the Parkinson Disease Foundation (PDF)
realize that the "news" page contents at the parkinsonsnet.com site
is 'lifted' from the PDF site ..??

the parkinsonsnet.com site has a whiffy odor to it imho
irregardless of my olfactory impairment;
there is no 'hard' information other than 'send us money'

the links to the PDring and healingwell.com are also
whiffy to me

my site was rejected for inclusion in the PD webring
on the basis of it being a 'personal site';
i have not been able to determine who runs it and why.

healingwell.com is definitely mathetic;
when i was an editor of the parkinson's disease category
at the Open (not!) Directory Project (ODP), healingwell tried
several times to get listed in my category,
after being reviewed and rejected by yours truly,
so i did some further research.

the word was in the ODP editors' forums that healingwell
was run by a disaffected former ODP editor and offered
commi$$ion$ for linking to their site (which offered 'info'
on every medical condition that exists and then some!)

i have a congenital bias against health-care or -info for profit
and if i could not determine a website's financial motive
despite reasonable effort i did not include it

for more of my adventures with the ODP, check out my journal!

i am off to do more digging in Bedford NS!

janet

cc Robin Elliott, Parkinson's Disease Foundation

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/