hi all

At 19:26 2002/05/26 -0300, Brightline wrote, in part:
>Dear All
>I think there should one central, quasi-goverment
>authority to coordinate  Parkinson Research & Service
>for Canada ...

hi bl

good thinking!
but there already is one.
it's called "The Parkinson Society of Canada".

give Mary Jardine there a phone call, why not?
and while you're at it why not phone the folks at the "pseudo society"?

ask them why they are soliciting for money door to door
under what appears to be false pretences?

they are supposed neighbours of yours at eastlink.ca in Bedford NS!

if there is one good aspect
about this apparently fraudulent attempt
to extract money out of the trusting public,
it may be that there is so much awareness of Parkinson's disease
that the cause (my cause and your cause) seems to be worth ripping off!

i don't know if i would go so far as to say
that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
but i will bet dollars to donuts that this is a first for the PSC!

janet

ever grateful to the PSC and the former PFC for their perseverance
in the face of much greater obstacles than this

cc Mary Jardine, Parkinson Society of Canada

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/