hi all

At 23:06 2002/05/25 -0700, Murray Charters wrote:
>Two Parkinsons charities causing confusion
>Last Updated Fri, 24 May 2002 16:54:45
>
>OTTAWA - The Parkinson Society says it's alarmed by a similar-
>sounding charity going door-to-door collecting donations.
>
>Parkinson's Disease is a degenerative illness characterized
>by tremors, stiffness, slowness of movement and difficulty
>with balance.
>
>The disease affects 100,000 Canadians, including actor
>Michael J. Fox. Fox has gone public with his battle against
>the disease and has helped raise awareness =97 and money
>=97 in Canada and the United States.
>
>But now, there are questions about where that money is going.
>The Parkinson Society has received hundreds of calls from
>confused people who were canvassed by another charity with
>a similar sounding name.
>
>"People felt the canvassers were misinformed about
>Parkinson's and didn't know what they were talking about,"
>says Mary Jardine of the Parkinson Society of Canada.
>"Donors who have contributed to our organization began
>getting confused."
>
>The other charity is called The Parkinson's Support
>and Research Society. Much of the information on its
>Web site is copied word for word from an Ottawa
>Parkinson Society Web site. The brochure has also
>been heavily plagiarized.
>
>According to government documents, the new charity
>is run from Bedford, N.S. by David Waldron and his
>daughter Kimberley. Like many start-up charities,
>it has a contract with a fundraising company, which
>organizes door-to-door canvassing. The fundraising
>company also takes a cut of whatever is collected.
>
>By doing it this way, smaller charities have an
>appearance of running a national program.
>
>The pamphlet produced by the Parkinson's Support
>and Research Society gives the impression it has an
>Ontario office, but the address is for the fundraising
>company.
>
>"We have some concerns because this organization
>claims it's primary reason for being is to find a cause
>and cure for Parkinson's," says Jardine.
>
>"No one in the Parkinson's research community
>is familiar with this organization and we can't get any
>answers about what research they are supporting."
>
>Calls to the new charity have not been returned.
>
>Officials at the Parkinson Society say they do not
>collect money door-to-door and say they want Canadians
>to understand just who they are giving their donations to.
>
>Written by CBC News Online staff
>
>SOURCE: CBC
>http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/05/24/Consumers/Parkinsons_020524

i've had lots of time
i.e.since october 01 1995
(when he responded privately to my first posting to the parkinsn listserv)
to mull over the source of the harrassment that dogs my internet life
and the actions / motivations of my cyber-stalker and his posse.
(he couldn't possibly create all this havoc on his own!)

a personal friendship which wasn't ...
i was just another 'catch' lured in by flattery ...
our 'relationship' soon gone sour and never to bee forgiven (by him)
and the trolling for bait continued unabaited (!)

the need to control
beyond any realistic possibility
the threat of cyber nightmare behaviour in retaliation
for requests, demands, complaints ignored ...

in one sense, i may 'ask' to be stalked
since i 'spill my guts' in public about everything
that happens to me and all of my responses to them
i don't believe in secrets anymore
i believe in sharing all
with y'all

i believe that openness
is the ultimate terror and fear of my dweeb buddy -
personal relationships and any associated feelings of intimacy and trust
are sources of horror for db in my humble and amateur hour shrinkological
opinion
and must be slashed at, ridiculed, mocked, demeaned, manipulated
so as to keep them under 'control'

in another sense, i am so nosy and news-hungry
i must present a pretty appealing target to anyone
who relishes outsmarting others with wild goose chases down the garden path!
proof positive of who's in control, no?

a detailed description of all the shenanigans this dweeb has been up to
from my point of view over the past sheesh seven years
are a sink hole for my mental energy
but his malevolent energy and creativity are boundless,
("you should write a book", sez my neice;
"sorry", sez i, "i've got a better one already in the making")

despite yelps of 'yer delusional' from various avatars
if i state my suspicions publicly
i have never been known to be delusional
quite the opposite in fact

i have witnessed first hand the dweeb's mental acrobatics
in twisting reality to suit his own purposes
in our original personal 'kerfuffle'

over the years since
i have heard first hand, their voices into my ear,
from at least three individuals whom i know and trust
who have their own tales to tell confirming the dweeb's
clearly irrational vindictive and apparently compulsive behaviour
which i am now convinced is directed
not only at the pd cyber world in general
but, when the opportunity presents itself, at me,
and my publicly acknowledged pals or heroes, in particular

i read the above news item and felt deja vue all over again

'similar sounding names' is a db specialty to foment confusion
yikes and there's another david as "david waldron"

names of indeterminate gender are also a favourite
yikes and there's another "kim" as his daughter

the pseudo site information was plagiarised
from the parkinson's society of ottawa-carleton (PSOC) web site

which just happens to be the pd society that i belong to
and for whom i have just started writing a newsletter column

all of which is talked about quite openly as usual by yours truly
in my postings to the pd cyber-world

also there is a connection from the pseudo site to the pdf site
... and pdf's site has been hacked into and damaged
at least twice in the past couple of years

i don't think all this is 'a coincidence'

i think it is simply yet another db shenanigan aimed at
1. the world of pd cyber support in general,
2. me,  and
3. my (public) sources of support

his mind is brilliant creative sharp swift and devious
i admired him greatly when i first made his acquaintance
i was flattered by so much attention from such a being

irony
the last time i sensed his touch
was in the recent spam / virus message sent to me
purporting to be from my pal murray charters
a feeble attempt to smear my friend

and murr -
it aint no 'coincidence' that you posted the cbc article!
i call it divine intervention!

janet

cc mary jardine
cc robin elliott

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/