At 05:35 2002/05/27 -0700, Fran Peck wrote:
>Janet,
>I hope you don't me emailing you "off list", I have seen you use this on
>your posts descriptor on your posts and was wondering what it is? If I am
>interpreting correctly, it means that your PD is "nonmovement rigid
>subtype". My PD is mostly rigidity and slowness of movement. While I have a
>very minor tremor, it primarily only expresses when I am tired or stressed
>and almost never as resting, but instead when I am extending my arm (like to
>drink out of a water bottle or something).
>
>By the way, I enjoy your web site and your posts.
>
>Fran Peck
>Tempe, AZ
>http://sonoranaire.tripod.com/sonoranaire
>http://www.airedale-nawata.org

hi fran

thank you for your kind words!
i am replying via the list
since this info may be useeful to others

i have come across the  terms
"akinetic rigid subtype" vs "tremour-dominant subtype"
in the medical literature i've posted from pubmed

try doing a search in my journal to see which posting it was

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/