hi all

this cyber-conversation with one
sfb ([self-named-]shit-for-brains)
aka
pcp ([my name for]pd-cd-pal)
keeps goin and goin ...

i got inspired reading pcp's response ...
which was inspired by mine ...

pcp wrote, in part:
>... My developing theory of the universe says
>that coincidences are evidence of an error in The
>Program which governs us all. ... You scan an area
>for an item. It isn't in sight. Then, when you look
>again, it's there. ... It wasn't there the first
>time.  A slip in The Program was corrected after
>your first scan. ... More thoughts are lost,
>more coincidences occur, and more disease and
>depression become evident as one grows older.
>The Program breaks down with age and increased
>use ...

close
but no cigar !

our physical world breaks down yes
it is all about deterioration and death
if that's what we choose to look for
but that is not all there is
and that is not who
we really are

>... You scan an area for an item. It isn't in sight ...

it isn't in sight
because our lenses are too fogged
or grimy with slime
or cracked with frost
or tinted a whiter shade of pale

the item
aka
grace
is always there

it surrounds us
we trip over it constantly
but we can't
(or sub-consciously don't want to) see
the forest for the trees

einstein sed
coincidence is god's way of remaining anonymous

carl jung sed
coincidence is grace

(late-braking addendum no 1:
a friend of mine with small children sez
"coincidence" is more properly pernounced "co-inky-dinks" -
gracie laffed out loud!)

the only errors possible are the ones we make
while we are learning who
we really are

errors are the only way we learn
and
errors are only the way we learn

rumour has it
that we don't learn to really master anything in this physical realm
memorising a song, throwing a pot, picking up a new dance step,
till we do it 21 times!
i can testify to that in origamic terms!

(late-braking addendum no 2:
so if our 'score' after learning something well
is calculated by us as "20 losses to 1 win",
which are we more likely to call ourselves ? -
successes or failures?)

so keep yer eyes peeled for the squeegee kids
clean yer windshield, mister?

from my windscreen
(the semi british version)
i see internal partly buried fears
being projected out onto something else

they can seem easier to deal with that way
since they then appear not to have anything to do with us
we think we can thus 'get rid of them'

but grace provides the problem
and grace provides the solution

they are two halves of one whole
they are cause and effect
and cannot be separate

our free will comes into play
when we choose to accept the problem aka the challenge

the act of accepting
= the knowing of faith and trust
= love in two parts
= loving and being loved
= both parts of the same whole

the instant we trust and agree willingly to take on the problem
we discover that we already have the solution
they were both given to us
as one whole

and even now
that whole is at your feet
waiting for you to notice it
it's been there all along
waiting for you
waiting for each of us

amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me
i once was lost but now i'm found, was blind, but now i see

twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved
how precious did that grace appear the hour i first believed

through many dangers toils and snares i have already come
twas grace that brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home

though we've been here ten thousand years bright shining as the sun
we've no less days to sing her praise than when we first begun

written by a slave-ship captain
who learned to see the error of his ways

and now
here's one lagniappe of a challenge:

time and space are one illusion;
if it has been projected beyond your mind,
you think of it as time;
the nearer it has been brought to where it is,
the more you think of it in terms of space.

and finally
something i was editing today
which grabbed me when i first read it
and has not let me loose since:

2002/04/25 QT: Batter My Heart - a poem by John Donne

Batter My Heart, Three-Person'd God

Batter my heart, three-person'd God, for you
As yet but knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend;
That I may rise and stand, o'erthrow me, and bend
Your force to break, blow, burn, and make me new.

I, like an usurp'd town to'another due,
Labor to'admit you, but oh, to no end;
Reason, your viceroy in me, me should defend,
But is captiv'd, and proves weak or untrue.

Yet dearly'I love you, and would be lov'd fain,
But am betroth'd unto your enemy;
Divorce me,'untie or break that knot again,
Take me to you, imprison me, for I,
Except you'enthrall me, never shall be free,
Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me.

John Donne (1572-1631)
Holy Sonnets
http://www.library.utoronto.ca/utel/rp/poems/donne29.html

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit primarily perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice website: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/