HEY.....I'M JUST KIDDING ...   but I got your attention!

I attended the scientific lectures at the PAN Forum in Washington
DC  yesterday and was so impressed with the advances the
Parkinson's Disease Research teams were making.  They see the
cure in 5-10 years but closer to 5 years IF THEY can get the research
money they need. Scientists are lined up with promising studies
and waiting in line for money to carry them out.

Boy, wait until you hear about one carrier that the NIH researchers
are going to use to get the repaired gene to the Parkie brain...

Yesterday the leading researchers said that they were using the
"HIV virus delivery system". They remove the "bad stuff" from the
HIV virus, inject the gene into the virus and then inject that into the
Parkie to deliver the gene therapy ... that will get the dopamine
producing cells that recently shut down to produce the needed
dopamine again. [Here again, research in one disease pays off
with benefits to others diseases].

They said they were going to need us to be the ambassadors to
reassure the Parkie community that this was the very safe part of
the HIV virus and that it could in no way infect them with HIV-AIDS
disease. They may perfect other delivery systems in the future but
they have this one worked out for now.

They have done a clever thing with this gene therapy. They have
included a "off" switch in the gene in case something goes wrong
and they want to turn the gene off. It's a safety measure built into
the therapy. If for any reason they want to turn the repair process
 "off " , they just give the patient a dose of tetracycline and it turns
the gene OFF!

There will be human trials of many ideas once they fulfill all the FDA
requirements,  get FDA  approvals and get the research money to
start the trials.

Many ideas are at varying stages of being refined and worked out.

It's a brilliant and enthusiastic group of research scientists we
have working in Parkinson's disease but the science is moving
waaaaaay ahead of the funding.

They showed us slides of research animals brains before and after
techniques they have developed to replace the dopamine in the brain
and the results were startling!  We call could see the dramatic difference.

They really can cure Parkinson's...they are right on the edge...they
need to continue with SCNT research and get those FUNDS to
pick up the pace of research in time for all of us to benefit.

Again, we must call our Senators and House members and tell
 them that we want  them to see to it that  * NIH * FULLY * FUNDS
* PARKINSON *RESEARCH * NOW !  AND  to CONTINUE SCNT
RESEARCH

We can't hold back and just expect others do this calling and
emailing. Anyone who is reading this  email  and has a US zipcode
can  do it.  Numbers count.  Ask if you don't know how to do it , ask
if you don't know what  to say but do it.  The Senate will be voting
on this bill  ... our chance is NOW, don't let it slip away.

Gail Vass