In a message dated 5/22/02 9:30:00 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I know just the feeling that Cathy has about disability.  I'm currently
teaching in special education, supposedly in a learning handicapped 4th
grade class but it's worked out to be a behavior change class.  Every
night I drag home and just pray I can make it through the next four
weeks.  I've always worked and my career is a big part of "me," but the
last few nights I've been looking at the Cal. teacher retirement system
disability packet more and more seriously.  I  don't want to be a
quitter but like Cathy said, I'm not doing much of a job as it is.  To
top it all off I'm feeling real low, and I just can't seem to get
started on the 1001 things I need to get done.  I'm feeling guilty about
the disability thing because I convinced my boss to create a tech
position at another school and to purchase a bunch of equipment with the
idea that I'd be there to spearhead the program.  That whole process
started over a year ago and now I don't know if I can pull it off.
Arghhh!  Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a "wear indicator"
on us like tires have.  You know, oh time to work part  time, time to
apply for disability.

I'm engaged to a man with PD and I've just begun the credential program to
BECOME a special ed teacher in California.  One thing we're hoping--and that
I haven't been able to figure out--is if he will be covered by my health
insurance once I start working in the system.  A high school counselor told
me that as I will be covered by Kaiser, my spouse will automatically have to
be covered by them regardless of any pre-existing condition.  Is this true?
We are praying for an insurance miracle; long story but right now Michael is
on COBRA and we are scared to death.

--nancy, CG to Michael 51/46/44