  Well, I went to the immunologist today and he threw his hands up in the
air and said in his 40 years of practice, he has only seen 2 other people
who are as bad off as me.  I told him that I do go to great lengths to be
remembered.  Anyway, he spent about 45 minutes going over my sordid medical
history, asking questions and shaking his head.  Once he realized that I
understood medical terminology, he apologized for talking down to me.  He is
really a nice man.

  When the light bulb went off in his head as to who I am, he became even
more compassionate and understanding.  About 30 minutes into the exam, his
eyes lit up and he said, "You are that lady from the newspaper... I still
have copies of that article."  Then he stood up, walked over and gave me a
hug.

  Well, the only thing that he was able to even suggest was Yeast Overgrowth
Syndrome as a possibility as to why I have an overactive immune system.  He
said that this could have been triggered by the massive amount of potent
antibiotics that I was on in January to fight the staph infection in my
brain.

  Does anyone here on the list have any knowledge of this syndrome or
research relating to the role of Candida Albicans in human illness?  He gave
me some journal articles from a C. Orian Truss, M.D., Heinrich Weiland,
M.D., Lars I. Qvick, M.D. and The Journal of Orthomolecular Psychiatry. (I
have a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and have never
heard of this journal). He also suggested a diet called "The Garden of Eden
diet"

  I don't have the time nor the physical stamina to chase a slippery pig
under the contention that it has a gold ring in its nose and will do me
wonders.  So, I am asking those of you on this list if you know anything
about this or is it some new fad for the desperate?  Help please.

  Thanks in advance for your help.

  Deborah aka Tenacity