 Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 01:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Unified Parkinsonīs Disease Rating Scale - UPDRS
To: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network

I have been subscribed to this list for some time but never introduced myself so I use the opportunity now....My name is Inga and I am Icelandic, PD for 10ys and born 1948. My sympthoms are mostly rigidity and slow movement... for the rest I have little sign so far of PD fortunately.  My medication:  4x0,7 mg Mirapex, 2x5 mg Selergelin and 1/4 of 250 mg of Madopar in the morning and I am doing mostly fine with it.
Compliments for a good mailing-list..   Inga
Answer to the letter below:

By WE MOVE you can the Unified Parkinsīs Disease Rating Scale:
http://www.wemove.org/par_rate.html
Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale*
Since its introduction in 1987, the UPDRS has been used extensively by researchers and clinicians around the world. We are pleased to provide this valuable tool for assessing and documenting the status of your patients with Parkinson's disease.

   Rating Scale
   Data Form

*Fahn S, Elton R, Members of the UPDRS Development Committee.
In: Fahn S, Marsden CD, Calne DB, Goldstein M, eds. Recent Developments in Parkinson's Disease, Vol 2. Florham Park, NJ. Macmillan Health Care Information 1987, pp 15 3-163, 293-304

Date:Tue, 28 May 2002 15:56:09 -0700From:"M C Ye" <[log in to unmask]>Subject:Re: UPDRS

Good evening, Every One,I have seen the name of  UPDRS "Unified(or Uniform) Parkinson's DiseaseRating Scale"   for several times, but could nowhere find itself. InMirapex's article, it has been discribed a little bit in detail as follows: *          *          * In all studies, the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale(UPDRS), or one or more of its subparts, served as the pri-maryoutcome assessment measure. The UPDRS is a four-partmulti-item rating scale intended to evaluate mentation(part I), activities of daily living (part II), motor performance(part III), and complications of therapy (part IV).Part II of the UPDRS contains 13 questions relating toactivities of daily living (ADL), which are scored from 0 (nor-mal)to 4 (maximal severity) for a maximum (worst) score of52. Part III of the UPDRS contains 27 questions (for 14items) and is scored as described for part II. It "Practical Information Regarding Stereotactic Pallidotomy for Parkinson'sDisease "by G. Rees Cosgrove, M.D., F.R.C.S. (C.)Neurosurgical ServiceMassachusetts General Hospital..........................................The appropriate selection of Parkinson's patients for surgical treatmentimplies a thorough presurgical evaluation by the Movement Disorder team.This includes a detailed history and physical examination as well asvideotaping of the patient's preoperative condition. A Uniform Parkinson'sDisease Rating Scale is also administered preoperis designedto assess the severity of the cardinal motor findings inpatients with Parkinson's disease (eg, tremor, rigidity,bradykinesia, postural instability, etc), scored for differentbody regions, and has a maximum (worst) score of 108.*          *          *You can get this article from their web site: http://www.mirapex.com/consumer/prescribe_info.htmIn following article, for example, it is called 'Uniform':atively along with avariety of other rating scales. Neuropsychological testing and neuro-imagingis carried out as needed [MRI, PET scanning]. ...............Do any of you know where we can see it self, I mean the all subparts withall questions?M YeVancouver

  Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>