"gloria steinem once said something like the most important benefit
being offered to us by the explosion in technology
was the mapping of the living brain"

That would have been Gloria Steinem, the noted neurologist, cross-appointed to a chair in the history of medicine and technology?

Michael J. Fox and Muhammed Ali testifying about PD I can understand, but the attention we give to all of these celebrities popping off about things they really know nothing about is a symptom of how sick our society is.

Just my $0.02.