The Editors' Association of Canada has what is described as a self-
teaching and self-testing package, called "Meeting Editorial
Standards" published by Captus Press and the Association.
Obviously, *I* think that our Introduction to Editing course would be
better, but it is not offered in a distance format (at least, not yet).  If
your colleague cannot find a full course offered by correspondence,
perhaps the EAC book will suffice.

Web site: http://editors.ca/welcome.htm

or go to <www. editors.ca> and choose English and follow the links

Susan

Susan Drain, Ph.D.                      Tel: 902 457 6220
Chair, Department of English            Fax: 902 457 6455
Mount Saint Vincent University          [log in to unmask]
Halifax, NS
Canada B3M 2J6