I recently had the opportunity to meet Prof. Alan Nelson of UC Berkeley, who
has done quite a bit of work for REED, including Cambridge, Records of Early
English Drama, 2 vols. (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1989).  One of
our conversations involved an anti-Catholic performance, or burlesque, given
for Elizabeth I at Cambridge in August,1564--a performance to which the
Queen, in a fit of temper, called a halt (some of which is related in
Nichols' Progresses).  If I'm recalling correctly, Prof. Nelson indicated
that there is an extant fragment from this burlesque published in the above
referenced title.  My university library has many of the volumes in the
REED series, but unfortunately does not appear to own that for Cambridge.
The library does own Prof. Nelson's Early Cambridge Theatres: University,
College, and Town Stages, 1464-1720 Cambridge: Cambridge University Press,
1994); but while Nelson does offer certain details regarding Elizabeth's
visit to Cambridge c. 1564, he does not include the fragment in this volume.
Would anyone on the list who has access to the former publication be willing
to expound on this document, or possibly scan the article and email it to me
as an attachment?  Or, I would be happy to pay for Xerox copies and postage
if someone is willing to snail mail it to me.  I would be most appreciative.
The excerpt should be in Latin, but I may stand corrected.  Thanks all for
your attention.

--Christopher Paul