At 21:36 2002/06/02 -0500, Jim and Linda wrote:
>I'm brand new to this list.  My mother has had parkinson's for ten =
>years.  About six months ago she started to have benign hallucinations - =
>she saw people in the room with her.  She did not interact with the =
>people in her hallucinations, but she was upset about the lack of =
>"privacy."  The hallucinations became so frequent that the doctor =
>prescribed Seroquel for her.  Immediately, she underwent a personality =
>change.  She became combative and paranoid and the hallucinations became =
>more severe.  The doctor did reduce her Sinemet CR to 25 mg 3 times a =
>day from 50 mg 3 times a day.  She has been this way for 5 weeks and the =
>doctor is saying that this is just the next stage in parkinsons.  Some =
>days she is wonderful, calm, clear, interactive and walks great.  The =
>next day she can hardly walk and is so difficult to handle. =20
>
>Does anyone have any feedback or experiences like this? =20

has she seen her neurologist lately?
she is likely reacting to the seroquel.
check it out at pubmed.
have you joined the caregivers list?

janet
janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit primarily perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice website: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/