Thank you Bob for your posting.  I have had
parkinson's disease for 25 years also.  I get
the attitude from my doctor (perhaps it is my
imagination) that I should be happy that I am
doing so well after so long--but the quality of my life is important to me
and I think the best choice
for me is the stem cell  research.  I have had a
pallidotomy and got excellent results for three
months and then It  stopped its effectiveness
and I am worse than I was but I hesitate to mention
this  to others because I don't want  to discourage
someone who might be helped tremendously from
having the procedure.  my doctor has discouraged
me  on DBS due to my past experience with staph
infection.  I fought long and hard to have the udall
bill passed while I was living in Pittsburgh but I
believe that at this point stem cell research is
my best choice.

Give my regards to Nancy.

Carol Gray