In Linda Herman's great book, When Parkinsons Strikes Early, one of the
topics brought out was whether it was a good idea to come out and let
people know at work that you had PD.  In my case it's been a mixed
blessing.  On the one hand, people don't realize how we PWP feel inside,
even though we look "normal" on the outside.  The general feeling, or at
least my take on it is, "You look okay, what's the problem?"  On the
other hand my bosses and immediate supervisors have been super
supportive.  I'm getting out of special education after 20 years and
will be teaching a technology course next year.  My former boss helped
arrange it and is doing everything she can to help me out because "I've
paid my dues and deserve it."  I'm obviously lucky but I hope this isn't
unusual and that other people get the same type of caring help.  Maybe
it comes from working in the same school district for 20 years.
        Lately, the hardest thing has been the guilt I feel about not being
able to do the job I've done "forever."  I've taken 3 days off in the
last two weeks because I'm so exhausted at work when I'm there.  I've
got a really tough class and even when my meds should be working, I'm up
there twitching away, slumped over, yuck!!  The hard part is that when I
take time off my symptoms are much less prevalent because I don't have
the stress of 12 sp. ed. students and their care hanging over my head.
I've got 10 more days and I'm hanging on by my fingernails.  I want to
tough it out but don't know if I can.

Scott