---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:10:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: William A. Parrette <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: OFF TOPIC: If you've been expecting a reply ...

Hello all,

        If you have sent me a e-note and are expecting a reply, please
     understand that it will take me some time to  get  back  to  you.
     I've had two problems pop up recently and both of them were fair-
     ly major issues for me.

        For the technically inclined interested parties ... :-)

        First, my ISP sold to a company that doesn't allow "shell  ac-
     cess" (which is how I read my mail).  Instead of using one of the
     many available UNIX mail clients, they forced all of us to access
     our e-mail through their standard Web-interface.  I really, real-
     ly, really dislike reading and writing e-mail through a Web page.

        Second,  I  installed a copy of OS X on my Mac.  After the in-
     stallation (great product --  no  problems!),  I  started  moving
     things around using a new 40GB FireWire drive when Norton's File-
     Saver popped up on the drive I was working  on.   I  told  it  to
     stop,  which  it did -- but, before it quit, it scrambled the di-
     rectory it was working on and made my new disk completely unread-
     able.

        It's  going  to take me a while to find a new ISP and organize
     my files the way I'm used to seeing them.

        As a result, I will be a little slow in my replies to  e-mail.
     In fact, as I lost a few messages in the process, if you were ex-
     pecting a reply, it might be a good idea to re-send it.

        All this to say that I'm going to be a little slower than nor-
     mal with e-mail ...

Bill--
  ...who says "Support bacteria.  They're the only culture some people have."
                                                         (\
.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive ....42?)\\_ _/(\ ------+
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............| \   0 0 _\)___   |
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........|   =(_T_)=     )* |
.. [log in to unmask] ..... 513/779-0780 ...........|     /"/   (  /   |