For Dolores Buente:
        I too had to discontinue Requip due to the severity of side effects after
more than two years of medication. I have been taking carbodopa/levidopa
since that time and the sleep attacks, swelling of ankles and legs, nausea,
etc have disappeared. I have a dry mouth condition that was attributed to
the Requip, but it is still with me now after 8 months cessation of Requip
dosages. I only wish I had never used Requip. It now seems to me that PD
affects people in so many individual ways that the research on these things
becomes quite dubious insofar as its efficacy. Read the manufacturers'
reports on their control groups experiences. Let us know how your new
medications work on you.
        Right now I am taking 2 Sinemet generic 25/100 3 times a day and 1
Coenzyme Q10 (75 mg) 2 times per day. I have just started the CO Q10 and
can't comment on it, and also 200 units of Vitamin E per day (on advice of
my neurologist). That is all of PD meds. I also take B12, Vitamin C, and a
general one a day vitamin.
                                Regards from a disappointed Requip user