At 09:58 PM 6/9/2002 -0400, you wrote:
I worked for 13 years as a utility/ industrial appraised after being
diagnosed with PD
My employer was the Oregon Department of Revenue. When I retired I realized
that the quality of my work was not as good as it once was. So i decided to
go on disability. There was no pressure on the part of my supervisers. But
I know they were relieved when i Decided to retire. After retiring I felt
much better and over the last year I have gained about 15 pounds. I think
that there was significant stress in my job which I don't feel now

>Scott,
>I could relate to your posting very well. I have been working fulltime
>since being diagnosed 6 years ago. I don't consider myself disabled yet,
>but i'm reaching the point of thinking about  working part time. I am
>wiped out by the time i get home from work,  and can do little else - it
>seems all of my energy has been used up.Like you I also find my symptoms
>seem to lessen on the weekends - i'm sure it's due to reduced stress .
>I'm finding as others have said that it is a very difficult decision -
>especially when you really enjoy your job.
>But i also want to be able to do other things, besides work, while i can.
>It helps hearing from others who are facing similar decisions and about
>how others cope with making these changes.
>It is good to hear that you are being offered other options by your
>school district - i'd guess that employers such as your's are in the
>minority, but hopefully as more people become  aware of and educated
>about PD, more will be willing to make requested job accomodations.
>
>Hope you get through the last few days at school okay, and good luck with
>your new job.
>Linda

Yours and His

David L.Moreland