In a message dated 6/12/02 3:05:22 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Alpha-synuclein forms soluble
complexes with the anti-apoptotic protein 14-3-3 that appear to cause
endogenous dopamine to become toxic to neurons in the substantia nigra,
according to a study in the June issue of Nature Medicine. >>

Gosh. This sounds like something that might conceivably have some practical
signiificance. What are alpha-synuclein and protein 14-3-3 and how do we keep
them from getting together...or do we?

With (fuzzy) visions of proteins dancing  in my head,
Kathleen