In a message dated 6/7/2002 11:21:35 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I've
got a really tough class and even when my meds should be working, I'm up
there twitching away, slumped over, yuck!!  The hard part is that when I
take time off my symptoms are much less prevalent because I don't have
the stress of 12 sp. ed. students and their care hanging over my head.
I've got 10 more days and I'm hanging on by my fingernails. >>

Scott,

I know what you mean...I work in classrooms and a really tough group ratchets
up the stress incredibly.

I have found that kids often rise to the occasion when you let them know you
need their help. Your special ed kids know what it's like to have something
wrong with them. If they don't know about your PD, it might would be
worthwhile to tell them what you have and how it affects you so you can say
things  like "I'm having a tough time today with being shaky and tired...can
you help me out by keeping the noise down?" I don't know your kids or your
situation, so maybe this isn't feasible. But maybe it is.

Good luck with your last ten days. Hang in!

Regards,
Kathleen