To Charlotte and Deborah,

Needless to say, you have both written excellent letters.  It certainly
doesn't take much to realize they have come from deep within not just your
hearts but from your souls as well.   It is these letters and many like them
from time to time that come to represent all of us-even those of us under
the PD umbrella who are claimed by no one and who belong nowhere.

I feel the depth of your anguish.  I feel the intensity of your pleas.  I
feel your cries for hope.   I feel your tears as you search for a better
tomorrow.  I am aware of all you feel because, joined by  millions of
others, I feel that way, too.

Then I  begin to wonder if, perhaps, I am becoming cynical when it comes to
THE CURE.  It is like the rainbow I can see but cannot touch.  It is an
illusive firefly.  It is a Mexican jumping bean.  It is just out of reach.

Be aware that I may appear facetious, and forgive me if I play devil's
advocate, but I can only hope someone will read these wonderful, explicit
letters besides those who are already suffering and their caregivers  It's
like the homeless on the streets.   Very few want to face the problem.  Then
add that while science has progressed to 2002 and beyond, I'm afraid the
only progress the majority of our leaders have made is, "How much was/is
your contribution?" along with the potential for "Medieval" practices should
A REAL CURE be attempted in our own country!

Talk about confusion, frustration, isolation and fear!  Why we're being hit
with a different media hype of a different decibel every day.  We are being
bombarded until one day we'll ask ourselves, "What exactly is THE CURE?"
"What is it supposed to do?"

Did you ever think about all of the organizations that were initially
developed to fight the PD dragon?  Except for MJF who is a newcomer, look at
what's become of  the rest of these many organizations.  Regardless of their
intent, they have become money pits!  If the intent and purpose of their aim
was/is A CURE, why haven't these individuals/organizations swallowed their
pride for the sake of health,
THE CURE and sheer time and combined?  Think of the weight they could toss
around!  Think of the potential for the pot of gold at the end of the
rainbow I mentioned.   Think of the fact that under combined efforts maybe
someone will care about and concentrate on QUALITY OF LIFE which seems to
fade into the reality fog while one after another our conditions worsen or
we are finally put to rest.

No, my friends, the cure is not dependent on the NIH.  Without it there is
heavy private money. THE CURE is dependent on the demise of the Brownbach
bill, and the opening of stilted minds.  Let us face the reality that this
need for a cure has become a power struggle for THE CURE.  It has become an
economical and political plum.  Our futures depend upon the winner!

In thought and mind; in caring and friendship,
E of the headdress