hi all

someone wrote, in part:
>... I am newbie for PD.  Howevr, this is the
>first time I am hearing about acid reflux in PD.
>I am not aware of acid reflux causing thickned saliva,
>although this defect has been reported by other PWP.
>However, it makes sense not to take any food several
>hours before going to bed ...

i do believe that thickened saliva is an indication of possible dehydration
which could be a result of reduced swallowing as part of the pd symptoms

it may be that dehydration might contribute to a stomach acid problem
but i think that the pd meds esp levodopa are notorious for stomach upset,
and i am starting to think that the craving for sweets that so many of us
develop is directly related here.

[i wouldn't be surprised if this is part of cyberdad's problem too.]

if i have eaten very little for several hours,
i notice that my 'sour' stomach gets much worse
i seem to need to walk a fine line between
too high food intake interfering with levodopa absorption
and
too low food intake leaving my stomach vulnerable
to the ravages of levodopa run wild!

comments from kathrynne holden and dr. romero welcome!

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit primarily perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice website: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/