At 06:42 AM 6/16/02 -0400, B. Larson wrote:
>Hi Don
>I suffered from sticky mouth (I like your expression even better "rubber
>cement") . It was most bothersome upon waking. My doctor told me it was from
>Parkinson's acid reflux (our body secretes salvia to protect the lining in
>our throat) (that was a surprise because I never felt any throat pain) and
>that I should treat it as such. No acidic food or trigger foods (like
>tomatoes, chocolate, peppermint, caffeine, etc.), no eating 4 hr. before bed
>time, sleep with a wedge and use occasional OTC reflux medicine. It seemed to
>have worked. This is my experience, yours sounds more complicated.
>
>   My 2 cents
Reply:
         Thanks for responding, B. Larson. I really do appreciate the info.
In my case it is difficult to believe the cause lies in acid reflux now as
the only problem I ever experienced with a chronic acid reflux condition
was when I was on Requip. I remember seeing one response from a PD patient
when I wrote Dr Lieberman. The symptoms that individual encountered sounded
like ours. He had been on Requip also but when he had changed medication to
Sinemet the "sticky mouth" had disappeared. Interestingly, he also
described it as "rubber cement".  Best wishes for the future and thanks again.
                                         Don A