Hi!
    I would consider mysself atypical PWP in the sense that I do not have
resting tremor in my hands.  But, my case is slightly more complicated than
simple lack of resting tremor.   I had slight facial mask for at least 30
years and never realized that this had anyting to do with PD.   I also had
action tremor for almost 30-40 years (I am 69 now), which is considered a
sign of ET and has become worse for the past two years along with some
symptoms of PD showing up such as slurred speech, righthand shoulder pain,
highly reduced swinging of my right hand, drooling, and difficulty in
getting out my car seat and rolling over in bed.  For the past three months,
I have been experiencing mild postural instability, which varies on  a day
to day basis.
    I was diagnozed with PD in 2000, on top of my ET.  Action tremor has
spread to my right leg now.  I have a prescription for sinemet CR but am
hesitant to take that  for now.  Eventually I may have to.  Since sinemet is
only a symptomatic relief and does not slow the proression of PD,  I do want
to postpone taking it as much as I can.
    In the meanwhile, I do not know any medicine specific for postural
instability.  From my little experience, exercise does help to some extent.
As you might know, I am trying out alternatives before I embark upon the use
of sinemet.  So far this approach seems to be giving me some relief.  I just
have to wait and see.   I see a defnite improvement on my action tremor,
bradykinesia, drooling and postural instability.  I still can manage to give
lectures for about two hours without much trouble.
    Coming to your specific question, I do not know any drug that will solve
the problem of postural instability and falling.  But, then I am a  newbie
and do not have much experience with the drugs as yet.
    May be some medical professionals can answer that question for us.
    Raj