From: "tom mccreary" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 2:36 PM
Subject: support group....

> Mywif eand I are interested  in starting a suippport groupfor PWP.  dx '91
aat age 39, my personal interes alid\gns ewiith the needs of  a young onset
person.    Obvioosly, this is where we wold like to focus. Ppractically
speaking  ikt  wouls dbe more ferasible to have a group open to whopmeever
would like to participate in a local group.   Having more tahn one groiup at
this point seems liek it would be expendingf way toomuch effort and time
plaanning and coordinating the material and recruiting guest spaekers, etc..
I have attended two groups with soem regulartiy yeasr back.  The first one
had been around for some time and was pretty informative.  The hour long
drive ionto Houston becaame  to much to deal with so we  stopped attending.
The other was missing the right blennd of topical offerings and the
attendants were  older and i coulddnt reelate to their stations in life.
Over the last several years i have  made it a point to approaac everyone i
observe carryinmg on liike i do, I have met about 7 local PWP  and the
notion off beginng a support group for the area has become likee an itch
needing to be scratched.  We have requested from the NPF their material on
beeginnig a group so we haave that in our hands.  Additonally, you as my
fellow listers, could be excellent sources for feedback experientially
speaking.  If any of you have haadd either good or baad experiences  that
you think we would gain from and would like to help you may sendd your
contributions to my personaal email [log in to unmask]  .

> Thanks to my fellow masked movers and shakers,
> Par-kin-sonified with you,
> Tom

mailto:[log in to unmask]