Hi. My name is Niki Parrott. I am a Graduate Student at Auburn University in
Alabama. I have just recently started trying to find out information on
Parkinson's. My grandmother was diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years ago.
She has done fairly well. We had problems with trying to get her to take any
medicine for a while. She is one of the old fashioned kinds that refuses to
even take Tylenol, so medication was not an option at that time. In the last
year and a half, we have convinced her that it would benefit her and she has
begun taking some medication (sorry I am not sure which ones).My reason for
wanting to research into Parkinson's is that she still wants to try to find
some more natural ways to help control it (in addition to medication. She is
interested in finding out if there are certain foods, vitamins, supplements,
etc. that would be beneficial/non- beneficial. Does anyone have any
suggestions? As I said, this a new area to me and I am slowly learning, so
any advice would be wonderful. Thank you.
Niki Parrott, Alabama

Niki Parrott
Animal Breeding and Genetics-Beef Cattle
Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences