Hello,  I am Inga, Icelandic, living in Italy by the Lake of Garda and there is a lot if humidity.  June has been  tremenously warm so far or up to 40°C (104°F) some days.  I was diagnosed 94 but started 92, on medicine since 94.  Today I take 4x0,7 mg of Mirapex, 2x5mg of Selegerlin and 1x62,5 mg of Madopar in the morning to get started.   In these warm days i have an excessive sweat, never ecsperienced anything like this before.  Even though I take a shower after few minutes  I am all sweat again .... like I was just stepping out from it.  I have contacted other PWP in italy about this matter and they all exsperience the same.   I go to Iceland every year in July - August and I noticed as soon as I am out of the warm in Italy and into the fresh air of my country the sweat stops and the dizziness goes away too..  I noticed also that some days I sweat less and I checked every day the humidity levels which is very variable in this area and the outcome was::  more sweat = more humidity.  I hope this will be some help.
Inga

From: charlotte A mancuso
Subject: Re: Symptoms

Hi,

Re: sweating: it can be both--my mother had PD and was on only
Cogentin--that's all there was--it's for tremor like Artane. Although
she was only 88 lbs and 5'4" and was a size 12 just to fit her big bones,
she perspired profusely. She really suffered in the heat, and in every
other way. And I've heard this from others who say that the PD will do
it--heat regulation is one of those autonomic systems that can get out of
wack from PD.

But, read the full text for excessive sweating under known side effects
of PD drugs as well as many other drugs, like some antidepressants,
especially SSRIs for example--I know some of those are known to cause
excessive sweating in some people.

I live in Northern Calif, where it is usually only moderately warm, and
low humidity by day, and a glorious 25-30 degrees cooler at night when
the fog comes in and brings down the temp and raises the humidity--you
guessed it--I'm sweating like a pig unless it's December! After a
shower, by the time I've struggled to dress and fuss to get ready, I'm
all sweaty again and too tired to be bothered, but I go on anyway, and
turn on the "air" in my car full blast--even often in cool weather.

BTW, I'm taking 12-14 mg of requip, and have been as high as 16mg. But
then, there was too much edema. I also take every other thing for PD and
more. I was diagnosed in 98 (should have been 96 or even earlier), and
I'm thinking DBS in the STN. I can't stand the trade-offs of symptoms vs
side effects--it's a merry-go-round, and I'm already dizzy from the meds
and PD! I wanna get off! sigh...

Charlotte

From: Tony Schoonenberg

Hi my name is Tony Schoonenberg for the past 16 years I have had parkinsons.
For the past 10 years
i have been Dr. Iaconos assint I have written 7 papers with him I have had 3
pallidotomys and a
vp shunt now i have devloped dystona in my right foot witch has conifed my
to a wheel chair. Unforently i have had to retire so i have joined
this list i hope i can be of help.