At 04:29 PM 6/26/02 -0400, you wrote:
>      I was wondering if anyone else on the list has noticed an
> intolerance to heat.  I live in Illinois and it has been really warm
> (90's) and if I am outside only a short time, I sweat profusely.  I am
> wondering if it is the disease or the meds.     Thanks   Cathy
>
>Reply:

         Cathy, I am located in Southern Mississippi and the heat and
humidity are tremendous. While I have been dx'd with Early Stage PD for
only about 3 years or so I wondered for several years prior why I had
become so sensitive to the heat. After all, I have lived most of my life in
the Deep South and it had never bothered me so badly before. I found that
all it took during the summer to have my clothes completely soaked with
sweat (my Mother always said, "Men sweat, ladies perspire!") was to make
one turn around the outside of my house. At present I don't worry anymore
about electric bills, I just turn the thermostat down to 73F and let the
A/C run. For someone who always enjoyed the outdoors in summertime, camping
in the Gulf National Seashore, swimming, baseball games, etc. I have turned
into a housebound Eskimo this time of year. I suppose this sensitivity to
heat is just something to be accepted and endured along with the other
pesky (at the least) things that go along with PD. With all the effects I
blame on medications I don't think this is one.
         I am thinking seriously about a small motorhome and just going to
the mountains for a while during these hot summers.
                                 Regards from someone who knows of what you
write

                                                 Don A