I am a newbie to the internet, so please excuse the errors. however, PD
and I are old friends (or should I say "enemies").      i have had PD
for 22 years.  I am also a retired RN who has worked with many PD
patients, both as a nurse and a volunteer at the NPF in Miami, Florida
for many years.   I was also married to man who has PD for almost 14
years. We recently divorced . i worked with Wm. J. Weiner at the  Univ.
of Miami movement disorder clinic ;  answering the telephone, counseling
newly diagnosed patients as well as those younger patients like myself,
who felt all alone afflicted with an "older
persons' disease". I was the Michael J Fox of the 80's. only nobody knew
Diane Ruby Carlin! but I got to speak to and meet so many courageous
people that will always be in my thoughts because  their tenacity in
fighting their battles with PD continue to inspire me and my personal
war with such a clever foe.(I had a pallidotomy in my left-brain in 1998
which was a success by my standards that I had a neurostimulator
implanted in my right  sub-thalamic nucleus in July, 2001.  This DBS-STN
was a success because of the teamwork of Dr. A. Lieberman, my
neurologist at the NPF, Dr Rezack,
Dr. Jaggett, and Dr. Howard Landy, my neurosurgeons and Drs. Carlos
Singer  and William J. Weiner who supported me.