On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 08:57  AM, patandpaula wrote:

> charlotte, what is comtan??     thanks  paula

Paula

Comtan- (entacapone)
http://www.comtan.com/
You can see its data by clicking on precsribing  info ......button

It extends Sinemet in my case very effectively for 1.5 and even up to 2
hrs.
So for last year I have not had to either increase Sinemet frequency or
dosage level.
2-Sinemet 25/100's-taken 6x or every 4 hrs day or nite- wd wear out on
me "Off times after 3.25 hrs"
Comtan with no major side effects for me extends the 3hrs 15 minutes- up
to 5 hrs
In Canada its expensive-1.79/pill x 6 per day= $10.74/day and not
covered by pharmacare:-(

Mirapix, Requip-  both gave me life threatening edema. and asleep
attacks at the wheel in driving.
Seligilene-edepryl-- didn't work at all

Don 53/5