Hi Kaye,
I think your survey is a very good idea. I plan to reply, but didn't yet,
because i don't have all the prices on hand. When i renew my prescptions.
i'll note all the costs, and send the questionaire back to you. Maybe
this isthe reason you didn't receive many replies yet.
I'm  on 3 PD medications, and I do  know that without prescription
coverage they would cost us well over $300 dollars a month. I know i'm
one of the lucky ones to have  fairly good health insurance. Even so, our
HMO increased their prescription copay this year - from $5.00 for a 30
day supply  to a 3 tier system - $5.00 for generics; $15.00 for brand
names if there is no generic available; $35.00 for brand name if there is
a generic. A significant  increase for us, but I realize much less than
most PWP are burdened with.  I can't imagine how those without
prescription coverage can manage to afford their meds. Certainly Medicare
coverage is an important issue and we should all be lobbying our
Congressional  reps. about it.
Thanks Kaye,
Linda