RE: generic drugs

I agree with most of Katy's message about generics and the drug
companies. However with some PWP do find a difference in generic
medications. When the price of our co-pay increased sharply for sinemet
CR, i tried switching to the generic version for a few months and i did
notice a difference. While the brand name always worked well for me, with
the generic i found sometimes it relieved my symptoms, other times i felt
almost no effect after taking a dose.
Our pharmacist said there is no difference between the generic and brand
name. When i checked back with my neuro he said a some  patients do find
a difference in the response to the generic. I think there is a amount of
variation in the composition of the meds that is allowable with generics,
and apparently some PWP are sensitive to these small changes. I went back
on the brand name.
I've spoken to a few other PWP who also have not found good results with
generic Sinemet CR, although for most it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Diana, please let us know if you find the article you mentioned.
Thanks
Linda