At 08:44 PM 6/29/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear David,   My experence with DBS-STN was  okay.  the surgery took
>away my most bothersome symptom, painful dystonia involving the entire
>left side of my body from head to toe.              the pallidotomy I
>had in 1998 was far superior in taking away most of my symptoms  Each
>persons experience with PD and its medical and surgical treatments is
>different.  I'm curious,David, how long have  you had PD? when did you
>the pallidotomy?   Diane

Diane, I first noticed some of my PD symptoms in 1987 I was diagnosed in
early 1988.the doctor was cor.myrect in his diagnosis but he was
incompetent.I had the pallidotomy in august of 1995. THat was the best
thing that I ever expriemnced. It took me from the hellish dyskinesia i was
experiencing to an almost normal life. I am now taking a ton of PD meds and
little by little they are starting to fail to do the job.
I was 44 when i noticd symtoms and 45 when diagnosed. I am 59 now..

Yours and His

David L.Moreland