My wife had DBS in April and March, 2002.  The first operation provided
wonderful relief, however the second did not.  We recently tried turning
off her second stimulator with great success.  She is able to live a
normal life now.  We only turn on the second stimulator when the tremor
in her leg bothers her.  This is only turned on for a short time [15
minutes or so] occasionally as this stimulation disturbs her balance and
ability to walk.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Ron