Hi, Can some one fill me in about a John Griffin  who is described as a New
York financier. I understand he is a director of the Michael J Fox
Foundation for Parkinson's Research. He is also described as a
philanthropist who moves in celebrity circles.
The reason I am asking is he is wanting to buy a historical New Zealand icon
"Young Nicks Head"     This is  the first land explorer  Captain Cook
sighted in 1769.
It is  very hilly , a run down sheep station he is offering several million
more than its market value. Mr  Griffin has promised that if he is allowed
to   buy the property he will hand over about 500 acres to the  conservation
department. The question is can he be trusted.
Des Hooker