Charlotte,

You said:

<<<I've heard of some people having a wonderful response to the DBS,
a lot of those who have posted here have had a mediocre benefit. Is that
so, and have any of you gotten worse, as you have on one side, or were
left with any damage, like speech problems?>>>

I won't go into the sordid details but here are the links to read about my
outcome.  I have yet to recover from the DBS surgery and am probably 250%
worse than before I had it.  We ordered my custom wheel chair with head
support yesterday along with a hoyer lift and bed-side toilet.  We also
filled the Rx for glasses with prism's in them so that I will hopefully once
again only see one of things.

Admittedly, I am the 1/100 horrible outcome which most do not experience but
you have to be psychologically prepared to handle it if you do become that
next 1/100.

I no longer think that my 16 days with the DBS was worth what I have had to
go through.  I have yet to recover and the original surgery was Dec. 21,
2001.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/special_packages/deep_inside_deborahs_brain/

http://community.webshots.com/user/tenacitywins

Hugs,