Hello Joan and others,

I've been reading this thread for a few days, and it sounds to me that
while I've heard of some people having a wonderful response to the DBS, a
lot of those who have posted here have had a mediocre benefit. Is that
so, and have any of you gotten worse, as you have on one side, or were
left with any damage, like speech problems? Anybody had an improvement in
Akinesia, Bradykenisia, use of fingers, less dragging the poor side,
better sleep/more energy? I have visited a web site on this topic, but I
didn't see many individual stories on how they did.

 I'm considering DBS/STN, and I don't as yet have any dyskinesia, but I
have dystonia, and pain on my right side, my more affected side, which
has recently become a real problem.  I had my Sinemet and Requip
increased to a good benefit, but I think that has increased the dystonia.
So I'm chasing my tail with relieving PD and creating other disabling
side effects, which I'm sure you are all too familiar with, and is one
reason I'm considering DBS.

I would very much appreciate anything you wish to share with me.

Charlotte Mancuso