Hi! Connie:
    I have been using oral glutathione 50 mg/day in the morning for the past
6 weeks or so.  I find it very helpful especially in reducing (not
completely eliminating) postural instability, pain in the calf muscles, and
boosting over all energy through out the day.  One day I purposely did not
take GSH and I had the muscle pain all over again.  For me the effect of 50
mg GSH wares out after about 12-14 hrs.  So, I find one pill is sufficient
for me.
    Everybody, including Dr. Lieberman of NPF, tells me that oral
glutathione (GSH) is not absorbed and, therefore it is not effective.
Therefore, some doctors believe that this should be administered
intravenously (iv).
    This is not true according to the NPF site article by Dr. Parris M.
Kidd: refer to the article at:
www.parkinson.org/glutathione.htm    Glutathione is a small peptide of three
amino acids.  It is readily absorbed by people who have deficiency, and this
has been found deficient in PD patients.  It is believed that in normal
healthy individuals, GSH is not absorbed.
    I was diagnozed with PD about 2 years ago.  I have not taken any other
medicine so far.
    As you know PD is supposed to be affecting different people with
different symptoms and there is variation in the severity of symptoms as
well as in the rate of progression of PD between individuals.  May be in
some PD patients GSH is not reduced!  Then, oral or iv GSH may not have any
effect.  Therefore, it may or may not work for some people.
    You should read the above mentioned article and discuss GSH with your
doctor before doing anything.
    Wish you best of luck!
    Raj