From: "RON HEIMBACK" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: Bilateral DBS

My wife had DBS in April and March, 2002.  The first operation
provided
wonderful relief, however the second did not.  We recently tried
turning
off her second stimulator with great success.  She is able to
live a
normal life now.  We only turn on the second stimulator when the
tremor
in her leg bothers her.  This is only turned on for a short time
[15
minutes or so] occasionally as this stimulation disturbs her
balance and
ability to walk.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Ron

-----
To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]